Latest watering releases
Based on best available operational data, the following environmental water deliveries were made in the month of December 2018.
- Delivering to Reedy Lake and Hospital Swamps
- Delivering to lower Broken Creek
- Delivering to Glenelg River
- Delivering to Gaynor Swamp
- Delivering to Loddon River
- Delivering to Moorabool River
- Delivering to River Murray
- Delivering to Barmah Forest
- Delivering to Gunbower Creek
- Delivering to Lake Hawthorn and Koorlong Lake in the Lower Murray wetlands
- Delivering to Lake Murphy and Wirra-Lo wetland complex in the Central Murray Wetlands
- Delivering flows through Mullaroo Creek at Lindsay Island
- Delivering to Pyrites Creek
- Delivering to Wimmera River, lower Mt William Creek, MacKenzie River and Burnt Creek
- Delivering to Ranch Billabong
- Delivering to Crow Swamp in the Wimmera-Mallee Wetlands
Releases can include water delivered in Victoria by the Victorian Environmental Water Holder, Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder and the Murray-Darling Basin Authority (The Living Murray program).
Environmental watering objectives may also be met by other water in the system (such as water for households, industry and farming).
How do we know it works?
To measure the success of environmental watering, it is important to draw on the large body of scientific and community knowledge that exists about Victoria’s rivers and wetlands.Learn More
Seasonal watering plan
A statewide plan that scopes potential environmental watering in rivers and wetlands.Learn More
Rivers and wetlands
- • Barmah Forest
- • Gunbower Creek and Forest
- • Central Murray wetlands
- • Hattah Lakes
- • Lower Murray wetlands
- • Lindsay, Wallpolla and Mulcra
- • Ovens system
- • Goulburn River
- • Goulburn wetlands
- • Broken River and Upper Broken Creek
- • Lower Broken Creek
- • Broken wetlands
- • Campaspe River
- • Coliban River
- • Loddon River system (including Tullaroop, Serpentine and Pyramid creeks)
- • Boort wetlands
- • Birchs Creek
Environmental water stories
Culture, environment and community came together to mark a significant occasion for the Barengi Gadjin Land Council (BGLC) and Wotjobaluk Traditional Owners, as a program of environmental watering at The Ranch Billabong in Dimboola began on 14 December 2018.
Move over Skippy, we have a contender for the cutest little marsupial around. The Gile's Planigale (also known as 'Paucident Planigale') has brindled, cinnamon-grey fur, a triangular face and is similar in size to a match box.
News and media releases
The Victorian Environmental Water Holder has released a new trade strategy to transparently outline where we plan to buy or sell water for the environment across Victoria in 2018-19.
Rivers and wetlands across Victoria will benefit from the Victorian Environmental Water Holder's statewide plan for environmental watering over 2018-19.
The Minister for Water is currently considering the VEWH's application to establish a new Upper Barwon River Environmental Entitlement.