Latest watering releases
Based on best available operational data, the following environmental water deliveries were made in the month of October 2018.
- Delivering to Reedy Lake and Hospital Swamps
- Delivering to Dowd Morass
- Delivering to Heart Morass
- Delivering to Sale Common
- Delivering to Wimmera River
- Delivering to MacKenzie River
- Delivering to Broom Tank, Bull Swamp, Carapugna, Challambra Swamp, Chiprick Swamp, Cronomby Tanks, Crow Swamp, D Smith Wetland, Lake Danaher Bushland Reserve, Part of Gap Reserve, Pinedale, Roselyn Wetland, Sawpit Swamp, Tchum Lakes Swimming Pool (North Lake – Dam) and Towma (Lake Marlbed) in the Wimmera Mallee Wetlands
- Delivering to Glenelg River
- Delivering to the River Murray
- Delivering to Barmah Forest
- Delivering to Gunbower Creek
- Delivering to Gunbower Forest
- Delivering to Lake Hawthorn Brickworks Billabong and Nyah Floodplain in the Lower Murray wetlands
- Delivering to Lake Cullen, Lake Murphy, Round Lake and Lake Elizabeth in the Central Murray wetlands
- Delivering to Wallpolla Horseshoe and flows through Lindsay River and Mullaroo Creek at Lindsay, Mulcra and Wallpolla islands
- Delivering to the Goulburn River
- Delivering to the Campaspe River
- Delivering to the lower Broken Creek
- Delivering to Kinnaird Wetland
- Delivering to Gaynor Swamp
- Delivering to the Loddon River and Serpentine Creek
- Delivering to Pyramid Creek
- Delivering to Little Lake Meran
- Delivering to the Yarra River
- Delivering to Willsmere and Burke Road Billabongs
Releases can include water delivered in Victoria by the Victorian Environmental Water Holder, Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder and the Murray-Darling Basin Authority (The Living Murray program).
Environmental watering objectives may also be met by other water in the system (such as water for households, industry and farming).
How do we know it works?
To measure the success of environmental watering, it is important to draw on the large body of scientific and community knowledge that exists about Victoria’s rivers and wetlands.Learn More
Seasonal watering plan
A statewide plan that scopes potential environmental watering in rivers and wetlands.Learn More
Rivers and wetlands
- • Barmah Forest
- • Gunbower Creek and Forest
- • Central Murray wetlands
- • Hattah Lakes
- • Lower Murray wetlands
- • Lindsay, Wallpolla and Mulcra
- • Ovens system
- • Goulburn River
- • Goulburn wetlands
- • Broken River and Upper Broken Creek
- • Lower Broken Creek
- • Broken wetlands
- • Campaspe River
- • Coliban River
- • Loddon River system (including Tullaroop, Serpentine and Pyramid creeks)
- • Boort wetlands
- • Birchs Creek
Environmental water stories
New technologies, such as smart phone apps and social media, can be amazing tools to involve your community in environmental management or scientific research. But with so much on offer, how do you choose which app to use?
Holding the title of the second longest river in Victoria, the extensive Loddon River travels the great distance of 430 kilometres. Introducing the Loddon River in the second of the Meet our Waterways series, highlighting how water for the environment benefits your river.
News and media releases
The Victorian Environmental Water Holder has released a new trade strategy to transparently outline where we plan to buy or sell water for the environment across Victoria in 2018-19.
Rivers and wetlands across Victoria will benefit from the Victorian Environmental Water Holder's statewide plan for environmental watering over 2018-19.
The Minister for Water is currently considering the VEWH's application to establish a new Upper Barwon River Environmental Entitlement.